We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A place just like 'Nights in Rodanthe'

Brewster, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
A place just like 'Nights in Rodanthe'

I am travelling to the outer banks for the first time in the spring of 2011 with my partner and another couple. I am hoping to find a nice 2-3 bedroom oceanfront house that is a quarter mile or more away from any others in area where wild horses roam. My budget is $3,000/wk. This is my dream. Does anyone know of such a place?

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A place just like 'Nights in Rodanthe'

It's not going to happen. Nothing is that far remote on the Outer Banks. The best you can do is find the last house in any area.

Up in the 4x4 area you might find some seclusion but you will need 4 wheel drive to get to it .

The nights in Rodanthe was actually close in although it was I think the last house in North Rodanthe there was one just next door. That house was moved and I thing still is for rent but it is no longer right on the beach.

Edited: 05 October 2010, 00:18
Ansonia, ct
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A place just like 'Nights in Rodanthe'

You might want to check the Corolla 4x4 beach area. You will need a 4x4 to access the house, but there are tons of houses there and not all are on top of each other, but a 1/4 mile might be too much to ask. I am not 100% I would recommend contacting a realtor in the area too they will be able to help. We have had great luck with Village and Twiddy in the past!

PS the wild horses wander all over this area!

3. Re: A place just like 'Nights in Rodanthe'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 13:35
4. Re: A place just like 'Nights in Rodanthe'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Hatteras Island