We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night time lighthouse tour?

muncy, PA
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
night time lighthouse tour?

I thought I read somewhere about being able to climb a lighthouse after dark? AM I dreaming or imagining this?

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: night time lighthouse tour?

To my knowledge the lighthouses all close around 5 or 6pm. I haven't ever heard of a night tour...but that doesn't mean that there isn't one.

Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: night time lighthouse tour?

You did not imagine it.

nps.gov/caha/planyourvisit/climbing-the-cape… has the following:

"Special night climbing tours are offered weekly during the summer months. Check the schedule of events or park newspaper for the weekly tour schedule. In addition to the weekly night tours, a full-moon climbing tour is offered monthly during the summer. News releases with dates and ticket purchase information are published the week prior to the full moon tours. Ticket sales for both the weekly night climbs and monthly full moon tours may be purchased in person beginning two days before the tour"

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: night time lighthouse tour?

On full moons during the summer the Cape Hatteras lighthouse offers 2 full moon tours at night. We did this 2 years ago and it was a lot of fun!

4. Re: night time lighthouse tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Hatteras Island
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question