We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel direction

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Travel direction

Going from richmond va to hatteras. Would you recommend through va beach or elizabethcity? Thx.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel direction

What day and when?

Va Beach or Eliz City both take you to Rt 168 and the Saturday nightmare traffic at the bridge to kitty Hawk. Looking at the bridge traffic camera right now www.trafficland.com/city/OBX/index.html I see the bridge backed up already today and it only gets worse as the day goes on. It's 10:30 am Saturday.

The question from Richmond is should you take I64 to I664 to Rt 158/168 or should you take Rt 460 to Rt 168/158. But what day and when are you coming? If any day other than Saturday, it does not matter. If Saturday then come early or come late and it really won't much matter, the traffic is bad on Saturday.

Edited: 03 August 2013, 15:29
2. Re: Travel direction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Hatteras Island