We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

info on hatteras and where to stay and what to do...

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Topic
info on hatteras and where to stay and what to do...

i have never been to the outerbanks and am considering it for next summer. i have a friend who's brother owns two houses in avon. one is oceanfront and other is on bay. is avon a good location? is there much to do in the area...shopping, restaurants, fun activities to do with a 3 yr and 1 yr old???? any info would be great...

thanks

mina

Kitty Hawk Kites - Hatteras
Gift & Speciality Shops, Equipment Hire, Kayaking & Canoeing, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Scotch Bonnet
Gift & Speciality Shops
Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: info on hatteras and where to stay and what to do...

Avon is nice plenty of shopping and restaurants there and you are not far from Buxton, Frisco, and Hatteras village all have plenty to do , If you rent in the sound side that area is full of canals so I wouldn’t expect a beach as the sound is shallow there and most places put up bulk heads.

Your youngsters might like the Haul over area just south of Avon a beach on the sound side no currants or waves pretty shallow too my kids loved it when they were young

As you a new comer to this area give a look at this site made for new comers.

http://fishoinc.tripod.com/

Mentioned in this post
Avon
Avon
Hatteras Island, NC
Buxton
Buxton
Hatteras Island, NC
Frisco
Frisco
Hatteras Island, NC
Hatteras
Hatteras
Hatteras Island, NC
2. Re: info on hatteras and where to stay and what to do...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Hatteras Island