We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Craft Shows

Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
731 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Craft Shows

I notice that there are occasionally craft shows at the mall. Are they pretty good?

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Craft Shows

Not at the mall, no. The Blue Ridge Mall is small and some of the stores are shut down. BUT - the events downtown in H'Ville are excellent. There are several of those where vendors display their wares. The grandaddy is the Apple Festival in the fall - draws thousands from everywhere. Check with the Hendersonville CVB or the Chamber for details. Best wishes.

Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
731 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Craft Shows

What I have found are at the Blue Ridge Mall and are sponsered by the Henderson County Crafters Association. They have them in May and October? These aren't any good?

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Craft Shows

It's hard to say - what's "good" to some is not for others. All I can tell you is the mall is small and old. There are lots of vacant stores. The owners keep trying things to revitalize it but its' not a real success story.

There will be tables up and down the mall with crafters at them. There will be some traffic. I don't think it's billed as a "grand" event and I don't think it would be a "drive-in" event for anyone at that venue.

Craft shows are a dime a dozen in the NC mountains. It is not a unique event. And, as I mentioned - the downtown festivals that include crafts would draw more people than the tired, old, little Blue Ridge Mall.

Now - having said that, you may come and really enjoy it! You may wish to contact some of the REAL crafters of Henderson County and get their opinions. If you google the Henderson County Curb Market page - that's where local crafters display every week. Some of them might be able to give you an accurate assessment.

Best wishes!

4. Re: Craft Shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Hendersonville