We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th fireworks question

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
57 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
July 4th fireworks question

My family and I will be staying in a cabin near Hendersonville over July 4th and hoped to watch fireworks on the 4th. I saw that there is a "Fabulous Fourth of July" event at Jackson Park with fireworks at dusk. Has anyone ever gone to this event and, if so, would it be a good choice for fireworks on the 4th?

We're staying between Hendersonville and Lake Lure and thought about heading over to Lake Lure to watch fireworks. But, we're planning to spend the 4th hiking the waterfalls in Dupont State Forest and it would be easier to stop back in Hendersonville for dinner/fireworks after our day of hiking, rather than driving past our cabin and on to Lake Lure.

Any advice from those of you in the area would be greatly appreciated!

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th fireworks question

Henderson County native here, I watched fireworks at Jackson Park since I was a little boy. My high school girlfriend, now my wife's, family owned a furniture on Spartanburg Hwy about a mile from Jackson Park and we would watch the Fireworks show from atop the store roof when I was younger. Those were great memories but to answer your question, out of the Brevard, Jackson Park and Lake Lure shows, Jackson Park is the best. It is a huge park with easy parking and plenty of grassy hills to stake out with a blanket and some food to enjoy the show. I hope you have an awesome time and good luck.

Edited: 17 June 2012, 03:05
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
57 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4th fireworks question

Thanks so much! That's just what I hoped to hear!

Save Reply
3. Re: July 4th fireworks question

I went 2yrs ago while we were in Hendersonville visiting the mntns & It was AMAZING! It was one of the best ive been to. Take my advice & take ur family, u wont be disappointed.

Save Reply
4. Re: July 4th fireworks question

I went 2yrs ago while we were in Hendersonville visiting the mntns & It was AMAZING! It was one of the best ive been to. Take my advice & take ur family, u wont be disappointed.

5. Re: July 4th fireworks question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Hendersonville