We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holden Beach Question

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Holden Beach Question

My wife has to do some work in Wilmington, NC so I am going to find a beach house so I can help her out by laying on the beach while she works. I seem to be liking some of the houses on Holden Beach better than the other area close by. My question is, how long does it take to drive from Holden to Wilmington? I am sure in late May there will be "tourist" traffic but don't want to get in a situation where it takes hours.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holden Beach Question

Of course it depends on what part of Wilmington you're going to, but generally somewhere around 45 minutes give or take. Not a ridiculous commute, but there are other options that are closer--namely Topsail, Wrightsville, Carolina, and Kure beaches.

2. Re: Holden Beach Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 06:25
Get answers to your questions about Holden Beach
Recent Conversations