We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waters Edge Condos

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
132 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Waters Edge Condos

Has anyone stayed at Waters Edge Condos. we are planning to come in early August and I am not sure about this complex. How is their location, and amenities. There will be three of us and we like to golf, swim in pools, take long walks on the beach. If Waters Edge is not your favorite, what is? Lots of places are booked already and this is fort of last minute I know...thanks for the advice.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waters Edge Condos

We used to own one of the condos at Water's Edge. It's the only oceanfront condo complex on the island. It's a very small complex, beside the Holden Beach pier. The complex has a small pool; there's no other condo community amenities. Each unit has an oceanfront deck, and covered parking. The units are individually owned so the amenities and decor of each unit vary. We enjoyed our condo there, but with teenagers and their friends, we needed more space. We now own a vacation home on one of Holden Beach's canal developments.

I think the location of Water's Edge condos is very good. Walk over to the pier for a quick breakfast, lunch, or snack..there's also the island's only general store/groceries on the other side of the pier. (more groceries, etc. can be found just off the island) There's also an ice cream shop, and a swimwear/beach clothing store, beside the general store. The beach in front of the condos is very nice as is the great majority of the island; the far east end of the island does have some erosion.

There are very few condos on the island, all complexes are very small and no more than 2 stories high.;as I mentioned before, Water's Edge is the only oceanfront condo complex on the island. Holden Beach doesn't allow any building to be more than 2 stories. The island is mostly individually owned homes, from simple cottages, to large multi-million dollar oceanfront homes. The island is very laid-back, the beach is great to walk. You'll find more golf courses than you could play in a year's time in the surrounding area. Here's a good list to start with... www.holden-beach.com/Content/golfinfo.asp

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waters Edge Condos

thanks so much for your advice. I think we are going to try it. I will probably have more questions as we get closer, but for now, appreciate it...

3. Re: Waters Edge Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Holden Beach
Recent Conversations