We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet, Scenic, Safe Place in the Blackmont Camp Area?

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet, Scenic, Safe Place in the Blackmont Camp Area?

Will be up alone -

Mostly studying .....

Would like quiet scenic safe place to stay in the area.....

Not too far from Blackmont Camp.

Might enjoy Hot Springs if they are not too far away.

Rec? Also rec a nice restaurant or two? thanks.

3 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet, Scenic, Safe Place in the Blackmont Camp Area?

Are you talking about the Blackmont Horse Camp area near the NC/Tennessee border (with can also be accessed off of I40)? When we went to that area in August (to visit Max Patch), it seemed pretty isolated. We were surrounded by forest (which is why we went there) - gravel roads all the way up to Max Patch. If this is where you are headed, your best place to look for lodging and food is probably Hot Springs. Another option would be Maggie Valley.

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet, Scenic, Safe Place in the Blackmont Camp Area?

Actually - I got it wrong --- referring to ROCKmont Camp --- Black Mtn NC ---- happy to have recs for b&bs, restaurants, things to do, if you'd like.

I anticipate being by myself.....

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet, Scenic, Safe Place in the Blackmont Camp Area?

We've never stayed in Black Mountain, so I can't make a personal rec for B&Bs or restaurants. There are some reviews on Tripadvisor that might help. If you want a personal rec, maybe you can repost your question 'Quiet, Scenic , Safe Place in the Black Mountain Area' - you should get some responses.

As for things to do, there are plenty. Black Moutain is close to Asheville and all that it offers. It's also near the Blue Ridge Parkway, which has great scenery and opportunities for hiking. You could check out www.romanticasheville.com for some specific ideas. We especially love Mt Mitchell State Park - you can drive to the summit of Mt Mitchell (highest mountain east of the Mississippi) and hike some relatively easy nature trails or a 2 mile (round trip) moderate hike along the crest of the Black Mountains to Mt Craig. Lovely places.

Edited: 24 September 2012, 14:25
Reply to: Quiet, Scenic, Safe Place in the Blackmont Camp Area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hot Springs