We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach safety

Ottawa. On
Level Contributor
170 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Beach safety

Hello

We usually go to Atlantic Beach for our vacation and the beach there is wide and shallow, perfect for the children.

How do KDH and NH beach compare^

Thanks

danduc

Georgia
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach safety

Do you know if there are any timeshares there that are on the ocean side of the road? The beach sounds great!

Lynchburg, VA
Level Contributor
497 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach safety

It has been ten plus years since my last time at Atlantic Beach, but I can say from many recent trips to the OBX the beach should be ideal for your children. I read a forum the other day saying that during high tide the beach near Nags Head and South Nags Head can get pretty narrow, but perhaps if you watch the tide charts you can avoid this. We stay further north in Kitty Hawk or KDH and during low tide the beach is wide and for the first 10 feet or so into the ocean it is shallow and the surf isn't too strong. I would suggest beach shoes though since in this shallow area there can be lots of broken shells that are rough on your feet. We aren't going for our vacation until the end of the summer, so hopefully someone can comment on their conditions so far this summer.

Ottawa. On
Level Contributor
170 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach safety

There are lots of time share in Atlantic Beach, also on the ocean side. However, it is not cost effective for use to rent for a whole week as we usualy stay for less than 7 days.

danduc

4. Re: Beach safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 08:25
Get answers to your questions about Kill Devil Hills