We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on how to spend the weekend

va
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on how to spend the weekend

I live just over the line in Va. I am a bit ashamed to say I don't make it down to the Outer Banks as much as I did when I was younger and sleeping in the truck on the beach was enough. I'm going to be staying at the Outer Banks Beach Club and was wondering if anyone could suggest some activities, maybe a close fishing pier, resturants, bar/club etc that shouldn't be missed. I'm only staying a few days for an extended weekend.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on how to spend the weekend

The closest piers are Avalon and Nags Head piers.

There are a couple places within walking distance to the OBBC where you can eat and drink. We have no "clubs" but Port O Call is close by.

Edited: 14 September 2010, 20:23
Seaside
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on how to spend the weekend

Agree. I have witnessed some great bands at Port O Call. Also, stroll the beach road and get your corn hole on at Mexicali Brewz, MP 9. While there eat a fish taco, down several brewz, and pay homage to Jerry (R.I.P.). Walk south to MP 13.5, grab a stick and a surf lesson from Cavalier Surf Shop.

3. Re: Advice on how to spend the weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2011, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Kill Devil Hills
Recent Conversations