We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need recommendations for new Rental agent.

Salisbury MD
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Need recommendations for new Rental agent.

I have read too many poor reports on Lamb Realty and lack of cooperation in correcting problems and lack of cleaning in rental homes ,so would like to know if anyone recommends any of the following: Stan White, Seaside Vacations, Nags Head Realty, Beach Realty&Construction, Kitty Dunes, Seaside Vacations. We are specifically looking for a 5 bedroom home with at least 3 bathrooms, pool, hot tub and very clean. I have been spending much too much time on websites, so thought I would ask for help.

alexandria
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need recommendations for new Rental agent.

Sun Realty actually has the largest inventory to count.

Nags Head, North...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Need recommendations for new Rental agent.

www.villagerealtyobx.com

Maggie Sexton is the rental manager.

Good reputation for customer service and cleanliness.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Need recommendations for new Rental agent.

It is very surprising to see a bad review for Joe Lamb. Some people though are never happy, regardless of what yiu try to do for them, and sometimes I think these reviews are from that part of the rental population. There are legititimate comlaints about all companies at one time or another, and some of the posts do warrant the renters frustration.

Overall for best service I think that Joe Lamb, and Village (as mentioned here, too) are definitely in the top tier. They are consistently recommened here, and very rarely get a bad review.

OBX
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Need recommendations for new Rental agent.

Joe Lamb has an excellent reputation on the beach here, I totally understand your feelings from the rental reservationist you dealt with. You must realize that if the homes have tenants, you can not go in and view them. I would call back and ask for the supervisor of the reservationists. Speak with them, perhaps they can see if another time might be good to view most of the homes you want.

Also note that time is money to them, taking you around to 4-5 homes will take at least 1/2 a day work, many rental companies will not do that anymore at all. They have cut back on staff due to the economy and many employees are where 2-3 hats these days to keep their jobs.

Give another call back, I think you will be satisfied.

Kill Devil Hills
7 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Need recommendations for new Rental agent.

Try Village Realty. Top notch people and selection of homes. Villagerealtyobx.com; 800-548-9688. Friendly and helpful all the time!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
764 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Need recommendations for new Rental agent.

Joe Lamb, to me, seems like a company that will nickel and dime you.

I've always rented through Midgett Realty. They do not offer homes in the Kill Devil Hills area (closest is Rodanthe about 20 miles away), but they are great. Any problems in homes we have ever had have been fixed in a timely manner, and they are great to deal with. We were there in May and asked of a location of a house we were renting in September, and not only did they tell us where it was but said the owner was there that week so they would call them so we could tour it (although we declined not wanting to interrupt the owners vacation).

Years ago we stayed at a hotel in Nags Head (Beacon Motor Lodge which was great, and if anyone reading this is thinking of a small family owned hotel not a house [but as our family is getting bigger a home is needed] this is a great spot) and have thought about staying in the area again. it just seems like Rodanthe is the perfect place. There are many homes (not just through Midgett Realty) literally right on the beach and its a little more secluded but not that far from the action of the Nags Head area.

As for Joe Lamb, we have thought about renting from them. We always go in May and September and always think about one of those trips being closer to the "action," but it just never seems financially smart, although quite a few of their houses look great.

Joe Lamb, for example, charges a service fee of something like $90 and if you use a credit card for your reservation something around $40. Not to mention the fact that it seems as if Midgett has more homes that offer linens. Most linens at Joe Lamb homes are over $100. I don't mind bringing my own towles, but linens also is pushing it (as room is already scarce in the car for the family).

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from renting from Joe Lamb as I never have rented from them. From all I've read they have a great reputation and from the pictures of their houses have great looking houses.

Just pointing out that driving about 20 miles away could save you well over $200 (although, I am cheap, and some people on vacation don't care about expenses haha). Also, in most cases oceanfront in Rodanthe means oceanfront-walk off your deck and your in the sand, not down a private boardwalk to get to the sand, and oceanside means you don't have to walk across a main highway (Beach Road) to get to the beach from your house.

17. Re: Need recommendations for new Rental agent.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Kill Devil Hills
Recent Conversations