We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentist and restaurants

nh
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Topic
Dentist and restaurants

visiting outer banks for first time in mid july. Have been having lots of dental problems this past year and would like the name of a reputable dentist just in case :-( . And on a happier note...restaurant must names. Do most dress up for dinner or are shorts the normal attire?

Wheeling, West...
Level Contributor
42 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentist and restaurants

If you are seafood people...jimmys seafood buffet is good for the money. I have 2 boys ages 12 and 14 last yr. They ate our moneys worth and the table behind us. LOL We also eat at OBX brewing company every yr. It is abt. mile post 8. We always eat lunch at least once at Slammin Sammys. We also eat at Awful Arthurs.

Mentioned in this post
OBX Campground
OBX Campground
48 Reviews
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentist and restaurants

Jimmy's is a all u can eat buffet, if that's your style it is popular and has a waiting line and is not that great. Capt George's buffet is said to be better, but I would not set foot in a buffet. Slammin Sammy's closed down over a year ago, and too was pretty awful. Awful Arthur's is very good and worth a visit. There are no dress up places here, shorts and shirt are fine. Other really good places include:

Black Pelican

Tortuga's Lie

Blue Moon

Tail of the Whale

Ownes

Colington Cafe

Sanya

Flying Fish

Just to mention a few.

Mentioned in this post
The Colington Cafe
The Colington Cafe
1,023 Reviews
Kill Devil Hills, NC
nh
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentist and restaurants

Thanks! I had Colington Cafe on the list. Anyone with a reputable dentist name???

Mentioned in this post
The Colington Cafe
The Colington Cafe
1,023 Reviews
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Virginia
Level Contributor
96 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dentist and restaurants

Can't help with the dentist, but can add a few restaurants:

Black Pelican is always on my hit list when in the OBX, even though we stay further north.

Mama Kwan's for quick, laid back lunches

Duck Deli and/or Sooey's for barbeque

Owen's and Port O'Call are both good, people usually dress a bit nicer, but nice shorts and polo or button down shirt is fine for guys.

Blue Point in Duck if you are up that way.

Bonzer's is new (but started from a group with a lot of hit restaurants along the OBX), and I've heard good things, might be worth a try

Mentioned in this post
OBX Campground
OBX Campground
48 Reviews
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Duck Deli
Duck Deli
424 Reviews
Duck, NC
nh
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dentist and restaurants

Thanks!! Can't wait to try them!! Still looking for name of dentist if anyone can help. And will we need bug spray for our visit??

nc
Level Contributor
492 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dentist and restaurants

There are several reputable dentists, but I don't know if they accept walk-ins. But here are a few to call:

Dr. Ausband and his associate Dr. Downing

Dr. Woodson next to the Outer Banks Hospital

Dr. Trahey Maner

Dr. Woodson

All of those seem to be in Nags Head. I would avoid Atlantic Dentistry. They are perfectly competent, but friends have been convinced to have unnecessary procedures. Hope you don't need to call any of them!

Mentioned in this post
Outer Banks
Outer Banks
North Carolina Coast, NC
Nags Head
Nags Head
Outer Banks, NC
7. Re: Dentist and restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kill Devil Hills