Hi there- I'm looking into trading a week of my family's timeshare for a place near the coast in NC in April. I know it's not particularly good beach weather that time of year, but my travel windows are limited. I will be staying there with my wife, and another couple with their two small children. I'm not terribly familiar with this area, so I need a little help to find out which area is best for convenient shopping. We will not want to spend a lot of money on activities, keep it very low key, cooking, drinking, shopping, maybe rent a pontoon boat for ourselves one day. Low key and convenient is what we're looking for.
My choices are: (looking at a map)
- Two resorts up just north of "Duck"
- Two resorts just north of highway 158
- One resort in Kill Devil Hills next to the Wright Brothers memorial
- One resort in Nags Head just south of Highway 158.
- Since the beach isn't a high priority in April, there is also one more resort near the town of New Bern- is this a nice town to spend some time in, and are there any inexpensive places to rent a pontoon boat?