We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kitty Dunes Rental Office

frederick, maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Kitty Dunes Rental Office

This company charged us a $40 fee for using a credit card. Did not have time to send them a check. Use another company instead of this petty rip off. I will NEVER use them again

Woodstock, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Kitty Dunes Rental Office

LOL. AFTER your vacation if you have any concerns or question you will receive a letter from their Securities Director , quoting a written policy , "No phone calls will be accepted, all must be in writing." But boy were they very attentive every time we telephoned them to process the rental agreement BEFORE we arrived. During our first 2 days we called about their erratic poorly functioning Hot Tub, it took 3 visits, 1 argument, 1 insult, 1 no-comment by the smiling neighborhood repairman, a phone call to the Hot tub manufacturer to get reassurance that we wouldn't get hurt in it or near it. A week later Kitty Dunes Rentals mailed us a letter stating that they refused to send the repair bill to the owner of the house and instead billed us $50 because (1) They found there was nothing wrong during one visit. (2) After another visit they said it was user error. (3) On another visit the spa repair claimed a Guest had lifted the filter surround piece. Our guests were all professionals but none of us have any idea where the heck the filter was and only the repairmen have been in and out of that contraption. How can one misuse a Hot tube when all you need to do is push 1 of 3 buttons, it either gets hot or cold (temp fluctuated 96-103 ), jet flows or not ( it was hiccuping). There were other imperfections around the house that caused us anxiety, near harm and actual injury but because we are all seasoned worldwide travelers we considered such unpleasantries of near misses and actual occurrences fairly acceptable if one is understanding, decent and civil. We are not complaining about that small sum of money but we are complaining based upon our principles. Kitty Dunes Rentals of Kitty Hawk, NC sure knows how to make family vacation a guilt trip.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Kitty Dunes Rental Office

That is why you shouldn't go thru a realtor anymore. They nickel and dime not only you but the owners. I rent our home in Kitty Hawk, NC (mp 4.5) myself and it is so much better than a rental agency. Visit my website: sandycheeksobx.com and book your vacation directly thru the owner with no crazy fees. You can also check out VRBO.com.

nc
Level Contributor
484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kitty Dunes Rental Office

A Realtor is a person who is a member of a professional organization. Also, Dare County tax went up by an additional 1% this year.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kitty Dunes Rental Office

A Realtor is a person. not a company so use the correct word. Everyone at a rental company is not a Realtor.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kitty Dunes Rental Office

Glad you got those long term renters you had in that house out. Be sure you pay the state and county occupancy taxes, us Realtors will be watching and letting the state know. They are watching VRBO knowing that many owners don't pay what is owed.

Edited: 29 April 2014, 22:07
Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kitty Dunes Rental Office

Mr Mrs Heckhaus you have a 3 bedroom house and you say it sleeps 8-10. This is why someone should AVOID VRBO. That is shameful.

Branford...
Level Contributor
118 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kitty Dunes Rental Office

I also would be hesitant to rent from Kitty Dunes again. We rented a small place in July 2012. As i was driving home they called me and accused me of taking kitchen utensils! During our stay the grass at the house was at least a foot high. To the naked eye the house looked like it was abandoned. I actually called them to have the grass cut! We had a great experience with Beach Realty in 2011 and we are hoping to have a great experience with Joe Lamb Jr. this July.

8. Re: Kitty Dunes Rental Office

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Kitty Hawk
More Kitty Hawk Topics