We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Admiral's Quarters Oceanfront Motel

Charlotte
1 post
Save Topic
Admiral's Quarters Oceanfront Motel

This motel appears very nice. Is there a particular reason why it is not listed and there are no comments posted about it besides the obvious that , perhaps, nobody within these forums have stayed there? Thanks!

King NC
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Admiral's Quarters Oceanfront Motel

We stay at the Admiral's Quarters every year...sometimes a couple of times a year. We love it. Clean. Walking distance to the Kure Beach Pier, shops and restaurants. I would not hesitate going there.

Lynn from King NC

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Admiral's Quarters Oceanfront Motel

Yuck! Hated every minute at this hotel. Manager was very nice BUT the motel is VERY old with some really gross features and tons of smokers everywhere! If you are smoker, you may enjoy this. People put out their cigarette butts right on the beach - tons of them all over! Our bedspread had old blood stains on it and we finally had to move next door to the Sand Dunes but that was just a tad bit better.

J N
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Admiral's Quarters Oceanfront Motel

Not sure about the Admirals Quarters; but we stayed at the South Winds this past weekend, and I will say thet we will NEVER be back again. I was apalled at the flaking paint, duct tape on the wall around the A/C/ unit, moisture damage to the paneling at the A/C unit, non working laundry facilities (only one working washer and dryer for THREE hotels ??) Also, had to pay 25 cents each time you needed ice.

The pools were a complete other issue, I didn't see them cleaned the whole time we were there. The water looked brown, like the pools at all three hotels needed to be cleaned or re-painted, they looked awful.

The carpet in our room was nasty; you walked across it, and your feet turned BLACK. We were told the same carpet had been in the hotel since the 1980's . Bed bugs were also active in our room, had to spray both beds with Lysol daily. I don't know that I've ever had a worse stay at the beach. Yeah, it was cheaper, but at $310 for three nights, it should have been a lot nicer. Word to the wise: don't stay here !!!!!

Carrboro, North...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Admiral's Quarters Oceanfront Motel

We just returned from a weekend at Admiral's Quarters and all i can say is that an admiral would NEVER stay there. There were numerous things wrong with this motel, besides the fact that it cost $179.00 a night!! We could have stayed at Atlantic Towers for less than that. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE.

Durham, North...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Admiral's Quarters Oceanfront Motel

yeah... um... I was taken in by the photos on the webpage myself... nice looking pools, reasonable price, ocean front view etc...

This hotel is VERY close to the 24-hour Kure Beach pier. I noticed that someone mentioned this as a benefit, but what it meant to me was that the beach in front of the hotel was totally littered with the cigarette butts of overnight fishermen. This was the first thing I noticed, followed by the multiple signs saying "caution drainage pipe" do not swim within 200 yds of this sign... Very thick brown foam was coming out of these pipes.

The room was clean enough, although the duct tape in the bathtub was certainly an unexpected touch as was the rusted out window unit that was dropping pieces of metal onto the balcony.

The pools were both slightly greenish black on the bottom and I couldn't bring myself to let my 2 year old swim in either of them- although many other people seemed to have no problem with the looks of the water.

We did enjoy walking over to have breakfast at the old pier house restaurant, but pancakes and eggs weren't really the main purpose for our trip.

From what I could tell all three hotels that are right there are basically the same, same owners, same reservations office, just a different sign out front.

We actually ended up having a great time, but we got into the car and drove down to Ft. Fisher any time we wanted to go out onto the beach. If this hotel had cost $60 a night it would have been acceptable, for what we paid it wasn't.

If after reading all of this, you decide to book a room at one of these three hotels, be SURE to bring $10 in cash for a key deposit ... This was our first surprise on arrival, no one mentioned it when we booked the room so when we showed up at 10PM on a Friday night, they made us go get money out of an ATM up the street.

Carrboro, North...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Admiral's Quarters Oceanfront Motel

I think they make you pay up front because it is such a shock when you begin to look around, you would change hotels if you hadn't paid up front. Once you have paid though, it is a done job. All in all, it was a total was of $537.00, I have called the managers and asked to be contacted but they haven't called me back, in fact I look at the tax records to get the owners name and address because management (who are family) wouldn't give me the information. I bet they get alot of complaints. Be sure to call the office and tell them exactly what you think otherwise nothing will be done to make it any better.

7. Re: Admiral's Quarters Oceanfront Motel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Kure Beach