We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Admiral's Quarters

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Admiral's Quarters

I don't want anyone else to be caught off guard about the Admiral's Quarters. It is very dated, and although it got a 99 out of 100 on their Health dept. sanitation, we did find old blood stains on our bedspread. To the manager's credit, she did try to get new spreads (but they were stained as well). She finally ended up moving us to the newer and next door Sand dunes. This was better, but a smoker had really left the room reeking of smoke. The beds were supposedly full size but seemed even smaller. I woke up every morning with leg cramps because I was afraid to move. The bathrooms were somewhat gross with very old towels and old fixtures. Also, the people staying at the hotel and the beach left cigarette butts EVERYWHERE! Hardly anyone picked up after him/herself. They also fed the seagulls even though it was against the law. Just be sure you know what you're going into if you go there! We didn't and my kids couldn't wait to get home!

Carrboro, North...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Admiral's Quarters

We had a three day weekend at the Admiral's Quarters and all I can say is DON'T GO THERE, it is disgusting, old and not maintained. Worst of all the price you have to pay for this. We will never and I repeat NEVER go back there.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Admiral's Quarters

March 30, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a 3 day stay at the Admirals Quarters in Kure Beach NC. I couldnt disagree more abouit this friendly beach front motel. Granted if you are looking for one of the new fancy highrises, this inst it, but even though the rooms are dated we found them to be clean and very comfortable. In addition to that we havent received such caring and great customer service in many years. We had a beautful oceanfront view from our bed. The owners were more then friendly and just wanted our stay to be fun and comfortable. We found that along with the dated room came another outdated item, common courtesy and hospitality.

Carrboro, North...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Admiral's Quarters

Ducky I am glad you had a better experience than us, maybe since all of this they have changed some things, I hope so because it is very disappointing to finally go somewhere and not be happy with your living conditions. As you can see, it wasn't just me that had a problem with this motel and most people don't take the time to make reviews or comments. You talked about courtesy and customer service, we didn't get any of that although I did receive a nasty letter from the owners which was hatefully written, so I would say to anyone be very careful and think long and hard about visiting this motel because it is very outdated and you might not get the ocean view wrong that Ducky was lucky enough to get, the people in the next room to ours were not happy with their room either and nor was aleach who wrote about blood on her bedspread. Be carefull....

4. Re: Admiral's Quarters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Kure Beach