We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairways at Lake Lure

Philadelphia,PA
1 post
Save Topic
Fairways at Lake Lure

I have a choice of locations in Ashville,NC area. The Fairways at Lake Lure or a Fairfield in Shappire Valley. I have a ten year old son and will be there in mid April. Can anyone recommend either area?

Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairways at Lake Lure

My husband is a partner in a group that has a condo for rent ...401 Fairway Villa. I have not been there yet, however our family is going down next week for spring break. We have several friends who have stayed there numerous times and an acquantance who also owns a condo there. There is a fishing lake diretly behnd our unit and a golf course in front. The association also has a swimming pool, tennis court, club house..with very good food I hear, and a marina and beach on Lake Lure. Families and couples have both enjoyed their stay there and say the area is absolutley beautiful. It sounds like there is quite a bit to do fairly close by....good restaurants, fishing, horseback riding, boating,hiking, etc. Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

Memphis
Level Contributor
382 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairways at Lake Lure

I have not visited Shappire Valley but go to Lake Lure about twice a year and I believe a 10 year old would enjoy Lake Lure much better. There are several activites for a young child to enjoy. They also will be opening up their new lazy river and sand volley ball pits in a couple of weeks.

Get answers to your questions about Lake Lure