We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Earthshine Mountain Lodge?

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to Earthshine Mountain Lodge?

HI

Am looking for a fun family farm/camp/ranch vacation this summer for me, my husband and our 3 year old. Anyone been to Earthshine? Or, do you know other places in NC, SC or VA that fit the bill? Thanks.

Great Smoky Mountain
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to Earthshine Mountain Lodge?

I live about 45 mins from Lake Toxaway and Earthshine. I believe you will have a great time there. The lodge sits just around the bend from the dam and Lake Toxaway falls (a.k.a. Bust Your Butt Falls). It is very peaceful, and there are more waterfalls in the area to see. There are lots of other places to visit within 45 mins from LT. Cherokee Indian Reservation would be great fun for your entire family. Also be sure to do some gem mining. Kids of all ages love to find "pretty rocks!"

TVJ
Lynn Haven
Level Contributor
51 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to Earthshine Mountain Lodge?

I stumbled across your post while looking for properties in that area. We have been to Earthshine twice and we just love it there. The food is wonderful, plentful, and served family style. It just does something good to your heart when you watch your children be amazed by rocks, flowers, horses, and streams instead of television. There is no television and no phone! It is wonderful. You will be sitting outside on your porch sipping your Sleepy Time tea or a nice glass of wine (that you brought) and actually hearing the night! Do enjoy and savor every moment with your 3 year old.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to Earthshine Mountain Lodge?

I have a home near there so I haven't stayed. But, I have had lunch and dinner. The people are so nice and it is tucked away in a little piece of heaven.

Sign up for the zip lining. It is so much fun. Also, if you stay there, it includes all amenities unlimited.

Tell Josephine that Robin the hiking lady recommended you!

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
743 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to Earthshine Mountain Lodge?

We love love love Earthshine. If you asked my kids their favorite place other than our house, they will scream "Earthshine". I have three kids and started going when the twins were 3. We went for our fourth annual trip this summer. Your three year old will love the pioneer village, the cherokee village, the "water slide", etc. etc. etc. Depending on how hearty they are, they may even be able to make a couple of the shorter hikes. THey will definately love feeding the animals with Mike every afternoon, or going turtle hunting with Steve, and looking for "gems" in the creek....I could go on all day.

They have sitters on staff each day, so that if you want to, for instance, go on the zip line (you really need to) then they can watch your kid, usually taking them to some adventure or another.

The evenings are great, either with stories by the campfire, or a "dinosaur hunt" or whatever. It is the way summer nights are meant to be spent. As you can see, I am in Raleigh, so feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions.

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to Earthshine Mountain Lodge?

My son just went as part of a school trip and loved it. They stayed for 2 nights and we saw some of his photos - beautiful setting. He wants to go back!

6. Re: Anyone been to Earthshine Mountain Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Lake Toxaway