We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Level walking trails or pathways near Toxaway?

Atlanta
12 posts
Save Topic
Level walking trails or pathways near Toxaway?

I am visting the beautiful Lake Toxaway area.

I am searching for a fairly easy walking trail for a person who is recuperating from recent heart surgery.

He was advised to walk daily, but cannot manage hills or strenuous hiking yet.

Are there any level trails or walks nearby where he could exercise without exerting himself too much? We don't mind driving about 30-45 minutes Lake Toxaway area if necessary.

Thank you!

Atlanta
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Level walking trails or pathways near Toxaway?

Another thing: I'll be here for several days but the patient may be at Lake Toxaway for the Season. Can you recommend a really excellent dry cleaner in the area, even if it is up to an hour's drive?

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Level walking trails or pathways near Toxaway?

so, probably too late, but whitewater falls is a paved trail of only 1/4 mile and it is beautiful on NC 281

at gorges state park there is a self guided nature trail called buckberry ridge. also easy!

go to www.toxawaytony.com for other hikes enjoy!

3. Re: Level walking trails or pathways near Toxaway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2009, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Lake Toxaway