We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rally

Marion, South...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Bike Rally

Me and my husband and another couple will be going to Maggie Valley in September for the Bike Rally. Can anyone give us ideas on Cabins(with paved drive-way) and good Restaurants? This is our first Bike Rally so any ideas will be wonderful. We go to Gatlinburg every year so we will eat at The Park one night. Thanks!

Level Contributor
120 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike Rally

Okay, there's no real fine dining in Maggie, but the nicest and best in town is a steakhouse called J. Arthur's. Barbecue and local fresh veggies at Butts on the Creek. Great Fried Chicken/Pork Chops at Granny's Chicken Palace. Great breakfast at Joey's Pancakes.

There are a bunch of really good restaurants in Waynesville, though, which is only about 15-20 minutes out of town. Lomo's and Wildfire are great.

PS If you are touring the Parkway on your bikes, you should try to get a dinner at the Pisgah Inn. Most incredible views.

Marion, South...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike Rally

Thank you so much for all the info. Do you have any suggestions on a nice Cabin. I was told some companies do not rent out to bikers because of the noise.

Maggie Valley, NC...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike Rally

Dreamcatcher, Valley Vista and Cozy Bear Cbn all with garages and easy access, Valley Vista the steepest road - Cozy Bear in town and easy access, dreamcatcher about 15 minutes out. All on the carolinavacations website - The restaurants listed under this browse are very accurate and there is a restaurant guide you can obtain.

Greer SC
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike Rally

Im not sure but I believe Pioneer Village Cabins would rent to bikers. They are lovely quaint cabins some creek side, that are very clean, well kept. We have stayed there a few times and enjoy it very much. Along with the other restaurants that someone mentioned here please include Salty Dogs and in Waynesville is Maggie's Galley, both have great food and service resonably priced.

Missouri
Level Contributor
165 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike Rally

When is the bike rally? My husband and I are taking a bike vacation in September staying in Dillsboro and planning on doing a lot of riding.

Timberwolf Creek...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bike Rally

The next rally is September 16/17, and both our cabins are still available - we expect to fill with bikers for the weekend. Neither I nor my husband ride, but we like going into town and watching the bikes go by. Had two couples trailer their brand spanking new Harleys up here this summer to ride Tail of the Dragon and we didn't drool TOO much on their motorcycles!! The rallies are great fun, here, and we get a good bunch of folks. You'll enjoy it.

Get answers to your questions about Maggie Valley
Recent Conversations