We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging July 2-5

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
259 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging July 2-5

Hi, I'll be in Maggie Valley for three nights with my teenage son. I'd like to rent a small cottage/cabin or a larger room or suite. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging July 2-5

Hey Sarah,

There are a couple places that come to mind:

Sandee at http://www.timberwolfcreek.com/ has several cabins that might work for you.

Dan & Betsy Boyd at http://www.boydmountain.com/ have several very old cabins that have been restored. They are placed within a Christmas tree farm. Very beautiful.

SmokyBob posts here a lot and is from the area. he could help, too. Bob?

2. Re: Lodging July 2-5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2008, 00:45
Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging July 2-5

Sarah:

BradMac has some good insight on Maggie. You could also search VRBO then Maggie Valley or the Maggie Valley Chamber web site, which I do not know off the top of my head. it is in Haywood County and it may be part of that as well.

My only concern is the length of your stay over the 4th. Many cabin folks have minimum days to stay in July with a full week being the minimum, especially over the 4th. With that said, you should be able to find a place.

If for what ever reason you strike out in Maggie, I would suggest you maybe consider a place in Bryson City about 50 minutes west on US 74. Great little mountain town, borders Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Lake Fontana and is in the heart of white water rafting, hiking, mountain biking and chilling out. You could also look for a place in Cherokee as well.

Their web site is www.greatsmokies.com and you will find a ton of nice cabins on their web site. good luck and enjoy your stay in the Smokies

Bob

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
259 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging July 2-5

Thanks. I found something that looks great on VRBO. I'm looking forward to my visit. Any suggestions on what to do/where to go are welcome.

I definitely want to go rafting and horseback riding.

Sarah

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging July 2-5

Rafting in the area is out toward the Nantahala River and some small, but decent stuff on the Tuckaseegee River between Dillsboro and Whittier. I think you can drive about an hour and pick up rafting on the Pigeon River ( I am assuming you are staying in Maggie and not Bryson City) search for Nantahala River White Water Rafting and you will find a number of outfitters there.

In Maggie I liked Garlic Knots...decent pizza. There is Smackers Grill and a new sports bar there too.

If you want good BBQ try the BBQ Wagon in Bryson City off of US 19. Perhaps the best burgers in the entire Smoky Mountains can be found at Jimmy Macs in Bryson City....

If you staying in Maggie, head on 276 east through Waynesville and climb up and over the Pisgah ridge and check out Sliding Rock. Or take the scenic route head south on 19 to Socco Gap and take the Blue Ridge Parkway North to 276. Along the way stop at the Graveyard Fields and hike there to see the upper and lower Yellowstone Falls. Some of the best scenery in the "Smokies" is on this section of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
259 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging July 2-5

Smokybob,

Thanks so much. I am staying in Maggie. I will heed your suggestions.

Sarah

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging July 2-5

Agreed with Bob. Sliding Rock is great! Your son should love it.

Maggie Valley...
Level Contributor
26 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging July 2-5

So nice that BradMac was willing to refer you to my cabins, but our place is usually booked far, far in advance of holidays. Some folks like it well enough to book for the following year while they're here.

Still, there are LOTS of cabins in the area. While the reference to VRBO is a good one, sometimes it's nice to call one of the rental agencies here and get recommendations from the person on the phone, who has been inside all those homes. They can get a feel for whether you want luxury, or just a place to crash with room for half a dozen kids, you know? They can talk to you about furnishings - maybe a leather sofa isn't as important to you as a pool table, or two sets of bunk beds, maybe you want a gourmet kitchen and a creek view, that sort of thing. Doesn't cost anything to give them a call - that's what WE did the first time we came to Maggie Valley. It turned out to be something of a scouting trip, and now we've lived here ten years, hooray!

Take a look around while you're here - you may just find THE perfect place for your return trip. Maggie's just one of those places that bring you bag, again and again.

Sandeehttp://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i12240-Cool_Summer_Breezes.html

9. Re: Lodging July 2-5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Maggie Valley
Recent Conversations