We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maggie Valley waterfalls, rafting, hiking w/ 18, 16 & 13 yos

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
167 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Maggie Valley waterfalls, rafting, hiking w/ 18, 16 & 13 yos

We will be in Maggie Valley in a couple of weeks with my children and a teen from France. I want to fun some fun hikes - reasonably strenuous that lead to waterfallls, swimming holes, etc. Also, is there rafting close by that is somewhat challenging? What are the closest areas? We want to limit driving as much as possible.

Thank you for your expertise.

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maggie Valley waterfalls, rafting, hiking w/ 18, 16 & 13 yos

Try this website. It shows almost all the waterfalls in Western NC. Have fun!

www.holidaymotel.net/W.N.C.%20Waterworks.htm

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maggie Valley waterfalls, rafting, hiking w/ 18, 16 & 13 yos

Gabi at A Holiday Motel has a great list, as retiredagent has pointed out. Be sure to go to #17...Sliding Rock is MUCHO fun for teens!

Have a great trip!

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Maggie Valley waterfalls, rafting, hiking w/ 18, 16 & 13 yos

I see no need to promote this motel.

Just do a google on waterfalls of Noth Carolina.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maggie Valley waterfalls, rafting, hiking w/ 18, 16 & 13 yos

Thaks for the input, Jaded. We always appreciate your willingness to help. I'm sure your post gave the OP all the information they requested.

Maggie Valley
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maggie Valley waterfalls, rafting, hiking w/ 18, 16 & 13 yos

Hi, I try without promoting me ;-) I would like to suggest Graveyard Fields on Blue Ridge Parkway toward Asheville have a nice short hike and swimming hole there, it's on the way to sliding rock which you should not miss. In Bryson City there is nice tubing with few waterfalls there it's called the Deep Creek. You may have to drive to all the places, but all within an hour. Rafting you can do on Nantahala River little more challenging or Tuckaseege more mellow. At NOC There are some more attractions like the zip line tours I have not try that but sounds really exciting. Visit www.noc.com for more info. Have fun in the mountains.

Gabi

6. Re: Maggie Valley waterfalls, rafting, hiking w/ 18, 16 & 13 yos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Maggie Valley
Recent Conversations