We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations

North Carolina
1 post
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations

We're staying in Nags Head at the end of the week and would like to know where we should eat, but we don't like sea food.

Thanks!

Also, anything we shouldn't miss while we are out there?

Lynchburg, VA
Level Contributor
499 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

I tried to set up a link for a past forum that could help you, but since it was over 140 characters I'll just suggest that you go into my profile and my forum contributions and click on the "My Favorite Restaurants on the Outer Banks" forum from February 26, 2007. It has my suggestions as well as many others that could help you out. There are some seafood suggestions on there, but some land-lover food too!

Or perhaps someone can make some additional suggestions before the weekend.

Cincinnati, OH
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Let's see...good non-seafood places: LaFogata Mexican, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, NY Pizza Pub, Hurricane Moe's (a must, but drive into Manteo for a nice dinner on the marina, don't go to the one in Nag's Head.) Port O' Call has great pastas and steaks. Jockey's Ribs is good. Kid's will like Big Al's in Manteo for the 50's vibe.

Gotta climb the dunes on Jockey's Ridge, gotta go see the outdoor play (can't remember the name, but you'll see ads everywhere), gotta take a boat cruise from the Manteo/Pirate's Cove Marina if you are not taking your own boat down with you. Kid's will like the aquarium in Manteo. Have fun! We are only 2 weeks behind you for our annual visit.

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

We've always eaten at Miller's Oceanfront in Nags Head and we like Sooey's for their BBQ. Things to do....jet ski & pontoon boat rentals, hang gliding lessons on Jockey's Ridge, para-sailing, putt-putt golf, go-cart racing, NC Aquarium on Manteo (eat at Big Al's, too!!), aero boat tour, fishing on the beach or charter fishing, 4 X 4 Jeep rental and go see the wild horses up north, dolphin sightseeing tours, lighthouse climbing, kite flying, museum visiting, shopping at Ben Franklin's, antiquing, buy your snacks and beverages at a Brew Thru, chase crabs on the beach at night with a flash light, relax, rent a movie or go to a show, relax and watch the people go by and taking a nap.

Enjoy!! Steve

4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 14:24