We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nags Head or Kill Devil Hills

Which Nags Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
elkins park
4 posts
Save Topic
Nags Head or Kill Devil Hills

My husand and I and two little kids (3 and 1) are planning a four day trip to the Nags Head area next weekend. We just moved to the Suffolk area and I am looking forward to vacations in the outer banks. I researched the rental companies on this website and found a bunch. I called about 6 today and found the condos that are available for the weekend. The best options (looking from the pictures on the websites) are from Village Realty. One of the rentals is in Nags Head and the other is in Kill Devil Hills. We are not familiar with either place, but are looking to relax, go to the beach with kids, go out to dinner and maybe find something fun for our three year old. Which area is best for that? Is Village Realty OK to deal with?

Thanks,

Susan

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nags Head or Kill Devil Hills

We returned from our seventh visit to the OBX two weeks ago. Our oceanfront rental house was on Beach Road (Rt 12, not Rt 158, the Bypass) in Nags Head at MP14(everything goes by mile post). There really is no difference between the two towns. In fact, if you don't pay attention to the towns' signs you'd never know which one you were in. We've never used Village Realty, but I have never read anything bad about them. Take a look at www.SunnyDayGuide.com and www.VGNet.com for coupons and info. Enjoy!

Steve

North Carolina
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nags Head or Kill Devil Hills

I think that Nags Head, and KDH are very different-even though they are just a few miles apart. KDH is really the most congested part of the OBX, and much busier than Nags Head. Especially when you pass milepost 10, haeded South, Nags Head really opens up. Great places to eat in both, and no matter which one you stay in, the activities, etc are all close by.

north carolina
Level Contributor
120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nags Head or Kill Devil Hills

I'd say Nags Head. It's close to Jockey's Ridge state park which your 3 year old will like and you can easily get to roanoke Island which as a bunch of kids' stuff like an aquarium, replica of the Elizabeth II and maritime musuem that's kid friendly (our twin 19 month olds enjoyed it).

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nags Head or Kill Devil Hills

This is a great townhouse in KDH. The beach is wide and will be very quiet. Near everything. The pool should be open until 10/15.

http://themarksbeachplace.shutterfly.com/

Either area will work for your needs, and the towns are right next to each other.

Nags Head, North...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nags Head or Kill Devil Hills

If you are on the ocean, the view to the east is the same from Nags Head or KDH. I am partial to Nags Head because of the careful manner in which they have developed. We're fortunate to have a 400 acre state park, Jockey's Ridge, and a fairly low density development pattern.

Village Realty started in Nags Head about 20 years ago, and I am the majority owner in the corporation. I hope you enjoy your time in Nags Head, and find Village OK to deal with. Our customer service is what sets us apart - we hope! You are always welcome to ask our reservationist for their advice - they are there to help, and they know the homes and condos we represent.

Bob O

6. Re: Nags Head or Kill Devil Hills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 14:20