We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way/time to travel from Tyson's corner & Ocean Villas 2

Which Nags Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Falls Church, VA
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Best way/time to travel from Tyson's corner & Ocean Villas 2

2 quick questions: Nervous about staying in Ocean Villas 2, anybody has recent pictures? Is it a good place to stay with kids?

Also, what is the best route from Tyson's Corner / Falls Church are to go and what time to leave?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,687 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way/time to travel from Tyson's corner & Ocean Villas 2

Let's see if this works. Below is a link to a map that will show the Ocean Villa I and Ocean Villa II complexes. The I is a group of 6 or 8 small buildings and it is east if the 12 marked on the road (that is the beach road rt 12). Ocean Villa II is the tall building to the north of the Ocean Villa I buildings. I hope it works.

You should leave home by 7am in hopes of reaching the Wright Memorial Bridge before 12 noon when it starts to back up on Saturdays. If you are traveling on Sunday it is not nearly as bad.

<A HREF="http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&amp;FORM=LMLTCP&amp;cp=pzk3hc8q01rn&amp;style=b&amp;lvl=1&amp;tilt=-90&amp;dir=0&amp;alt=-1000&amp;phx=0&amp;phy=0&amp;phscl=1&amp;scene=7255672&amp;encType=1">Ocean

Villa I and II</A>

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way/time to travel from Tyson's corner & Ocean Villas 2

Every body has their own opinion on what way to go the standard would be 95 to Richmond to 64 then 664 at Hampton then watch the signs for the Outer Banks taking 168 to the Outer Banks

Personally I find that way always with back ups from Williamsburg on down to Hampton I prefer taking 95 to Petersburg then take 460 down to the tide water area then get on 58 back to 64 this way sees little traffic but but it is slower as you have to go threw several small towns but if you run into any back ups in 64 you are ahead of the game . So it is a gamble either way

once on 168 it turns into 158 in NC this you can't avoid but like other poster said best to get on Island before noon and look around or go to the aquarium do some exploring until you can get into your rental

have a great time

Falls Church, VA
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way/time to travel from Tyson's corner & Ocean Villas 2

Thanks so much, I will try the other route. Any idea on the condition of Ocean Villa II?

Falls Church, VA
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way/time to travel from Tyson's corner & Ocean Villas 2

Thanks for all your help. The GPS took us towards Elizabeth City, at which point we decided to visit a friend. It was a great visi, but it put us in worst traffic jam. It started at the toll road, and lasted until half the traffic turned towards Duck. We were going to Nags Head. Ugh. Coming back, we left at 8:00 am, which was perfect. We had so much fun - I want to move there, I LOVE OBX :)

5. Re: Best way/time to travel from Tyson's corner & Ocean Villas 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 05:18