We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost Colony performance for 10 and 5 year old?

springfield, il
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lost Colony performance for 10 and 5 year old?

We are vacationing in Pine Island area in early June and have heard about the Lost Colony Performance. Would our children enjoy it? They are boys, ages 5 and 10. We could go with or without them. Just wondering if it is worth it to bring them along.

Thanks!

And thanks for any other area info you'd like to share!

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost Colony performance for 10 and 5 year old?

It is a wonderful show. I think it would be fine for both since it is a very visual, however, your 10 year old would be the one to get the most out of it. The show runs late and can be very hot and ALWAYS buggy! I have seen all ages there, but if it were me and I had a choice I would not bring the 5 year old-but you are the best judge of your child's interest and attention level.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost Colony performance for 10 and 5 year old?

I think I was about 11 when I saw it, and I really enjoyed it at the time. But then again, I was a history nerd. ;-)

The five year old not so much...unless he's very mature for his age.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost Colony performance for 10 and 5 year old?

I have seen this show 4 times with my 2 sons, who are now 17 and 19; they've always enjoyed it. I do think it could end a little late for the 5 year old if he usually goes to bed early, but if he can hang in there, I think it could hold his interest. There are Native Americans, guns, fire, and fighting; all the things boys love! Definitely, bring the bug spray; mosquitos and "no seeyums" are awful, as the play takes place on the waterfront.

4. Re: Lost Colony performance for 10 and 5 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 06:34
Get answers to your questions about Nags Head
Recent Conversations