We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village at Nags Head

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
29 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Village at Nags Head

Has anyone stayed in this area? We usually stay in Corolla but the the in-laws want to stay in this area b/c of the price. What can I expect if I stay in the village at Nags Head? Should I demand they pay another few hundred dollars go back to Corolla?

Does anyone know of a good three bath three bedroom rental in Duck.

Cleanliness is essential for us!

Thanks thanks thanks

Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Village at Nags Head

We stay in Whaleshead each year and rent a beautiful home through Kitty Dunes. They are always accommadating and very friendly. Their website is: www.kittydunes.com and you can just do a search with the details of what you are looking for in a house and their properties will pop up. Good Luck!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,445 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Village at Nags Head

I don't know about demanding that your in-laws pay another few hundred. Whether they have it or not, if they don't want to pay it and you pay the extra if you can then it's any easy decision who gets the more glamorous master bedroom. I've asked some rental companies about that. Say, if two sets of grandparents are paying equally for a large, multi-generational place, who gets the one "best" master bedroom. Of course, that problem is now being solved by some of the very new mansions in Corolla, like the ones at Currituck Club, which are including a few "best" master bedrooms in their homes.

We use mostly resortquest.com or villagerealtyobx.com. I have in front of me the book Village Realty sent out recently. If you can get a hard copy book from them this is one time having the thing in hand is...handy. Their great map on pages 132 and 133 gives you a great view of how the Village at Nags Head, a community in the Town of Nags Head, is divided, names of communities, proximity to sound and shops and ocean. They will also have a map online as will Resort Quest, and info about individual communities as well as precise info on rentals and photos and virtual tours.

The Ammons Corporation began developing The Village At Nags Head, an ocean-to-sound community, which has become one of the best sellers on the Outer Banks, about a decade ago. The golf course (with a beautiful clubhouse and popular restaurant) and the oceanfront recreational complex with tennis courts and an outdoor pool make this attractive residential community most desirable. Single-family homes and townhomes provide something for everyone. The oceanfront homes are some of the largest and most luxurious anywhere. There's plenty to do whether you live or vacation here. It's an excellent choice for beach living, vacation rentals, or investment.

It is great for proximity to shops and a bit of hustle and bustle. Corolla, well, it's just short of where there's no roads. Houses are enormous and spread apart a bit more. The main difference is the desire to preserve the flora and fauna. There are fewer shops and restaurants right in the immediate area...but we've never had a problem satisfying any group. And that is always my preferred area.

We do go through The Village at Nags Head, especially in the fall when the only open movie theater is in that area, and we find it charming, bright, new, lots of accessibility. But we've got that in our suburbs. So we go for more nature. Depends on what you want.

At those sites I gave you can follow the prompts for number of rooms needed, etc. and find what you like best. Happy hunting and best wishes.

Manassas
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Village at Nags Head

Hi,

We have been vacationing at the Village for 18 years. In fact, we just purchased a beautiful 3 bed, 3 1/2 bath place with great direct sound views.That's how much we love it!

The reason we chose the Village is not only are their places clean, they will correct anything you need with a phone call. I know as an absent owner that our property is well cared for.

You'll have a beautiful community of houses,an oceanfront baechclub with restaurant,pool, enclosed game area,bath house, but also a little mini-bus that provides transportation between your home and the beach!

When my son was 4 years old he tripped going up the beachclub steps,sustaining a 3"deep cut on his forehead. The guards from the beachclub not only responded quickly, they made sure we knew how to get to the ER and called them to expect us.

There are many more reasons to stay in the Village-you'll be happy you did.

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Village at Nags Head

Barrier Island Station is a timeshare complex in Duck and we own a 3b/3b week in Sept. It's an older community but well kept. I would think any of the Duck realty companies would have rentals available. I think 2 buildings there are 3 bedroom units. There are however, lots of steps for some of the units so you would want to specify a ground floor unit.I think most of the single family homes in Duck are 5-8 bedrooms. We also love the Duck and Corolla area as opposed to Nags Head but I have seen that complex and it does look very nice.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Village at Nags Head

We stayed in Nags Head this past summer. House was nice that we were in, and beach was beautiful. There isn't much to do though. It seems like a long drive to do any of the sights.

6. Re: Village at Nags Head

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2006, 16:00