We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on Restaurants

Fredericksburg...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on Restaurants

We are staying in Nags Head at MP 14 1/2. Anyone have any suggestions on a nice place to eat for just adults? With a view...:) Also, what about a kid friendly place for lunch?

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on Restaurants

Sugar Creek Great views for sun set

http://www.sugarcreekseafood.com/

Big Al's in Manteo or Dunes will work for the children

http://bigalsobx.com/

http://www.thedunesrestaurant.com/index.html

Portland, Indiana
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on Restaurants

Tail of the Whale just before the bridge to Manteo. Excellent seafood and they have entertainment on the sound. Get there between 4 and 5 and save 20%

Portland, Indiana
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on Restaurants

Might also try the restaraunt at Pirates Cove. You can watch the boats come in and the food and service are great.Pirates Cove is just over the bridge to Manteo.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
765 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on Restaurants

We also enjoy Tale of the Whale. I don't eat seafood, and their prime rib is great. Wonderful views.

Millers Waterfront has always been good too, although, this past May when we went we were a little disappointed. Will go back to try again though because we've never had any negative before, but 3 out of the 8 dinners we got were horrible. Maybe they changed chefs?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
458 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on Restaurants

My husband and I enjoy the Flying Fish Cafe in Kill Devil Hills each year when we stay in Nags Head. It does not have a view, but the food has always been excellent, and we consider it our "adults-only option." The Brewing Station, also in Kill Devil Hills, is good for kids. We've never been there for lunch - only dinner - and, again, no view.

Branford...
Level Contributor
118 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions on Restaurants

was in kill devil hills the week before 4th of july. i loved the kill devil grill (ate there twice) and blue moon beach grill. both are very good and fairly reasonably priced. niether place has a view but the food is excellent.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
78 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions on Restaurants

Kill Devil Grill is excellent for food. Probably one of my favorites. But no view, the food is amazing though!

Stripers in Manteo has a great view, a little hard to find but the food and service has been good when we have gone there, this would be ok for kids too.

Hurricane Mo's in manteo right over the bridge also has a great view. May be good for lunch with the kids.

Tale of the Wale also has a great view as well as Sugar Creek. Never been to either but I've heard good things. Went to Bassnight Lone Cedars's again great view but it was pricey and I wasnt impressed with it.

I've heard Sam and Omie's is great too with generous portions and very casual so it would be good for kids.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
78 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions on Restaurants

ooops apparently hurricane mo's isnt there anymore, i just found out. it may be called something else now! :)

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions on Restaurants

Basnight's is a great restaurant with a great view and good food. Good luck.

http://lonecedarcafe.com/

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions on Restaurants

Nags head Pier House Restaurant for the adults. Free walk on the pier after dinner.

You simply cannot beat the view.

Get answers to your questions about Nags Head