We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you think of nags head for quiet oceanfront rental?

pa
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What do you think of nags head for quiet oceanfront rental?

Thinking about nags head oceanfront rental for next summer.

I dread the traffic over the upper bridge.

Any way to avoid that. Someone told me there is a lower road comes out near nags head.

Thanks

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you think of nags head for quiet oceanfront rental?

Sort of depends on where you are coming from. If from up north, no. You don't want to come from Va Beach area and go to Eliz City to Edenton then into Nags Head, it adds way to much time.

I would suggest you come on Sunday. Those that made the Saturday to Sunday switch say it was the best thing they ever did. Much less traffic here, there and everywhere on Sunday. Those that say they must come on Saturday to have a stress free day when they get home need to try less stressful Sunday travel and you might not need a day off when you get home. Otherwise come before noon.

Nags Head is a nice place.

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you think of nags head for quiet oceanfront rental?

I think South Nags Head would be quieter than Nags Head. As to the Wright Brothers bridge on US 158, if you are across it and on the island on a Saturday by 9:30 am you won't experience heavy traffic. As to leaving, be off the island 7:30 or so.

Sunday is a very much better check in/out day traffic-wise.

3. Re: What do you think of nags head for quiet oceanfront rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 14:20