We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kitty Hawk Rental

Which Nags Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
white plains, ny
4 posts
Save Topic
Kitty Hawk Rental

I am considering renting a home in Kitty Hawk for this summer, 2013. The home appears to be very close to the Ocean on North Virginia Dare Trail. Is this a bad idea and could it be dangerous when the high tide comes in??

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kitty Hawk Rental

Is the house oceanfront? Which rental company and what is the house name and number? What is the address on the beach road?

Answers to these questions will likely get you a better answer.

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kitty Hawk Rental

Is the house oceanfront? Which rental company and what is the house name and number? What is the address on the beach road?

Answers to these questions will likely get you a better answer.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kitty Hawk Rental

In Kitty Hawk there are no homes, I know of, that suffer from ocean overwash in the summer months. This is unless there is a nasty storm in the area or passing by which usually occurs in the later part of summer - Sept Oct for example. The beach here is like every place else in that it comes and goes, builds up and washes away, but high tide is not going to cause you problems. It is just fine there now and I assume it will be just fine this summer. Kitty has a lot of nice smaller old style homes with a mix of new larger homes, which are you looking at? I live there and travel up and down Va Dare Tr (aka the beach road) many times a day so I am pretty familiar with the homes there.

Edited: 05 December 2012, 14:16
white plains, ny
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kitty Hawk Rental

thank you! i am looking at 2 houses on North Virginia Dare Trail; 4135 North VDT and other 4927 VDT, both in Kitty Hawk ...one is from Joe Lamb and the other from SUn Realty. Thanks again!!!!!!

Edited: 05 December 2012, 23:49
white plains, ny
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kitty Hawk Rental

yes, they are both oceanfront - 4927 north VDT and 4135 nortth VDT. THANK YOU!!!!!

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kitty Hawk Rental

We don't have a rental at 4927 N Va Dare. I am not sure which one you are looking at. 4135 is unit #192 and it is a cute 2 bedroom oceanfront with great views and access. I work for Lamb as the sales manager so I don't have anything to do with rentals but I know the homes pretty well. Are you sure about the address?

tim

7. Re: Kitty Hawk Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 19:17