We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pelican Perch in South Nags Head - thoughts on this house?

Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Topic
Pelican Perch in South Nags Head - thoughts on this house?

We are looking at a house in South Nags Head called Pelican Perch. 6BR. Please note this is different than another house called pelican's perch that is located in kill devil hills. Two questions: first is the house itself nice on the inside? and second - it seems that there is public parking right next to the house. If anyone has stayed in this house can you let me know if this was an issue? We also looked at Miko's place which is next door, but the reviews on that place talked about moldy carpets and old shoddy beds. Any help is much appreciated.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pelican Perch in South Nags Head - thoughts on this house?

I know of at least 5 homes called Pelican Perch. Why not post the address or at the very very least the rental company that rents it??????

BTW, most locals don't use cottage names, only tourists do and we can't really figure out why.

nc
Level Contributor
490 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pelican Perch in South Nags Head - thoughts on this house?

Is this the house? http://www.sunrealtync.com/house/502

The parking lot right next door at Governor Street is not a terribly busy beach access. However, Jennette's Pier just north of you is a very popular access, and there are some times events held on the beach around the pier - like a surf kayaking contest, that sort of thing.

The beach is pretty wide there due to beach nourishment, so I don't think it will be excessively crowded, but just be aware. You are within walking distance of both Dune Burger and Sam and Omie's - that is a huge plus!

Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pelican Perch in South Nags Head - thoughts on this house?

Yes, that is the house. Sorry for not posting the address. It is through Sun Realty and they don't post the address but i am guessin it is something like 8001 S. Old Oregon Inlet Road. Mile post 16.5. Thanks for your reply.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pelican Perch in South Nags Head - thoughts on this house?

The pier will have lady's beach volleyball this year too. I wonder if it will draw a crowd???

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pelican Perch in South Nags Head - thoughts on this house?

OBX200, renters refer to the property name instead of the address because in speaking with renters, most rental agencies use the property name (or the rental agency-assigned property number) as the property identifier.

Even when one does a search for a specific rental property on a rental agency's website, the property is only specifically searchable by its name or agency-assigned number, not by its address. I believe you will find this to be the case on your own company's website.

I agree with you--it is good to know the address of the property--for emergency purposes at least. (And for TripAdvisor!)

6. Re: Pelican Perch in South Nags Head - thoughts on this house?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 06:17