We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay in Nags Head//shelling

Which Nags Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Youngstown, Ohio...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay in Nags Head//shelling

Does anyone have a favorite? We have a thought, but without knowing the area are afraid that it might not be great. A hotel preferably. Also, where is the best place for the kids to find seashells? Many thanks!

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay in Nags Head//shelling

Surf Side is my place to stay in Nags Head but there are a lot of good places to stay there. shelling is like fishing, being in the right place at the right time. best time to look is at low tide.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay in Nags Head//shelling

If you have not made reservations by now you really better do so soon.

Edited: 05 June 2013, 22:44
Youngstown, Ohio...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay in Nags Head//shelling

Does anyone recommend the Nags Head Inn? Thanks

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay in Nags Head//shelling

Here is the link for reveiws of the Nag's Head Inn

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g49382-d94640-R…

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
566 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay in Nags Head//shelling

Love the Sea Foam, real budget place but lots of good memories. My daughter found some nice shells there.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,428 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay in Nags Head//shelling

Gordon beat me to it. I love the Sea Foam Motel. Not fancy, but it just has a home-like feel to it. It is quiet, convenient, well kept and well run. I liked being in walking distance of Sam and Omies, an ice cream shop, burger stand and small grocery store, not to mention having a back door that opens right to the beach. Mind you, I've always been a fan of the older 60s-style motels. I like their personality over the cookie-cutter chains.

Edited: 09 June 2013, 05:31
Youngsville, North...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stay in Nags Head//shelling

The Cavalier Motel and Sea Foam are both very nice older motels. We have stayed in both. I prefer the location of the Cavalier, but both offer right on the beach ocean front views and easy access to ocean. I like the old motels, also. They also tend to save me some money that I can spend elsewhere on vacation:) The Nags Head Inn is also a nice (much more modern) hotel. They also used to offer a continental breakfast that included sweet potato biscuits/sandwiches from Kelly's...delicious!

8. Re: Best place to stay in Nags Head//shelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:15