We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

south nags head and sound

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
south nags head and sound

Our rental home is sound side in south nags head. It comes with kyaaks and we are excited!

Do we have to worry about allegators and them tipping our kyakks over?? I guess if they did they would'nt have them for the guests to enjoy?? LOL

Thanks from ddcile5

Level Contributor
1,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: south nags head and sound

Only alligators I have seen was one in a little creek off Collington area, and a couple in the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge over past Manns Harbor. we had to go looking for them. So you should be perfectly fine. They even have kayak tours in the wildlife refuge. Have fun!

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,915 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: south nags head and sound

Where is there a sound side home in South Nags Head?? I am scratching my head on that one. You do not need to worry about alligators, worry more about drunk drivers running red lights !!!!!!!!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: south nags head and sound

Obviously we are not sout nags head we are at mile post 16 I think it said, must not be south nags head!

When we get down there we will be better acquainted with the area and I may google map it! Thanks!

From

ddcile5

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,915 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: south nags head and sound

OK, Soundside at MP 16 will likely be on the Causeway that goes over to Manteo. There are a bunch of homes there and all are nice ones that I know of. South Nags Head starts just south of MP 16 and goes down Old Oregon Inlet Rd. Those homes on the Causeway do have direct soundside water access, it can be really shallow in there but perfect for kayaking. No gators in there for sure, too many jet skiers since they rent them close by there.

5. Re: south nags head and sound

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Nags Head
Recent Conversations