We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water temp. in early June

PA
Level Contributor
134 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Water temp. in early June

I am curious about the water temp. in early June. I am starting to plan a vacation and would like to visit within the first 2 weeks of June. We have 2 children (10 and 3), they don't neccesarily have to swim but would like to splash around in the water. Thank You!

Lynchburg, VA
Level Contributor
499 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water temp. in early June

I have only visted the Outer Banks during the months of August & September, but here is a website that might be able to help you with water temperatures in June:

http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/satl.html

Phoenix
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water temp. in early June

I used that same website to plan my Outer Banks vacation, to ensure plenty of time in the ocean! I recommend August, the water was like bathwater!

Ashburn, VA
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
413 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water temp. in early June

In early June the water will be chilly, but tolerable, especially for kids.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water temp. in early June

we went last year 1st week of june... water temps were about 60-62. too cold for me, but the pool water was fine.

Also, your kids would most likely love splashing around the sound. The water is shallower so the temps are a bit warmer.

-Becca

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water temp. in early June

The water is just starting to warm up in early June. Usually just getting tolerable for swimming, and only when the wind is blowing the right way.

6. Re: Water temp. in early June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 03:17