We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

checking out New Bern

Which New Bern hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bay Shore, NY
3 posts
Save Topic
checking out New Bern

My husband and I are also looking into relocating to this area. Would anyone have info on houses for short term rent (4 nights) that are pet friendly. We have chihuahua that we would like to take with us when we go this November.

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: checking out New Bern

Hello-

If you are only staying for 4 nights it won't be easy to find a house for rent that will accept pets. They do allow pets at the Sheraton in downtown New Bern and also at the Harmony House. There are vacation rentals right across the river in Bridgeton that do short term

and may accept a small pet. You can see their listing on Vacation Rental by Owner listing # 46447 at www.vrbo.com/46447. There are also rentals avaialble near Fairfield Harbour at the Broad Creek Condos. I don't have that info with me but can get it from my office tomorrow. I am a real estate broker in New Bern so I deal with many requests like yours! If you need any more information you can contact me directly at k-mason@cox.net. I'll post the FFH rentals here for you tomorrow.

Best wishes to you!

Kristi

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: checking out New Bern

The information for Broad Creek Guest Quarters can be found on

www.cyberrentals.com under North Carolina than New Bern. They are located in Fairfield Harbour, a resort within a community, about 12 miles from New Bern city limits. Their phone # is 252-474 5329. They are pet friendly and have condos for rent by the night, week or month. Nightly rates start at about $90 for the smaller units.

Let me know if you have trouble finding the information on their website and I can email it directly to you.

Good luck!

k-mason@cox.net

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: checking out New Bern

One of the best kept secrets for seniors visting New Bern is the Courtyards at Berne Village. It's a senior living community located off of Glenburnie Rd. convienient to everything in New Bern. Their main function is to offer senior living apartments and assited living but they also do have independent units available for short term rentals.+ they are pet friendly. The rate is about $70 a night and gets even more reasonable the longer you stay. They also offer a dining option with $5.00 meals. It is a nice community, not a nursing home type of enviroment. They have seminars and events open to the public at their clubhouse such as the upcoming " antiques roadshow " type event. They have a website www.courtyardsatbernevillage.com where you can view photos of the community but I didn't find any iformation about the short term rentals there. You would need to call Valerie at 252-633-1779 for more information.

Bay Shore, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: checking out New Bern

Thank you all so much for the info. I will check out all the places that you all have given me.

Bay Shore, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: checking out New Bern

OPPS. So sorry NBNC I didn't realize they are all from you. Thanks again.

6. Re: checking out New Bern

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about New Bern
More New Bern Topics