We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O.I.area for families w/teens

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
O.I.area for families w/teens

Ok, got a few days we're spending there soon.

What FUN things are there to do there --- or nearby - considering we are families w/teens?

PS - Any damage from Irene?

ripley wv
Level Contributor
35 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O.I.area for families w/teens

I see no one replied to your post. I too am considereing a trip to Oak Island next month and have debated beteween Oak Island and Ocean Isle since I am taking 14 yr old boys. Just curious about how your trip went.

Level Contributor
356 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O.I.area for families w/teens

Neither Oak island, nor Ocean Isle, are like Myrtle Beach where there are tons of things that teens would like to do.

But neither will you have the hassles of thousands of tourists converging on the same square inch of beach, road, restaurant, etc, etc.

If you like something a little slower paced, where spending hours at the not so crowded beach, and being close enough to other areas of interest, then you'll love it out here on Oak Island (I am biased).

Lots of not so far away activities that might be of interest to the teens:

On the island:

Hope this helps...

ripley wv
Level Contributor
35 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O.I.area for families w/teens

Very helpful information! I think we have had enough of the over-crowded experience and will go with one of these other choices a little drive away but much more relaxed with perhaps a day trip to Myrtle or North Myrtle. Thanks so much!

4. Re: O.I.area for families w/teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Oak Island
Recent Conversations