We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Winds

Which Ocean Isle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
19 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
The Winds

We have reservations at The Winds on Ocean Isle. I have read some postings about beach erosion in the east end of the island. Can anyone tell me about the status of the beach at The Winds? Any other information about the hotel would be appreciated. We are looking for a quiet, family beach vacation in late June-early July.

Seneca, SC
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Winds

Visit the Ocean Isle Beach website, oibgov.com for pictures of the recent beach renourish project. We always stay down the beach at the Ocean Isle Inn or The Islander and the beach is great there.

Last August when we were there, the worst of the erosion was on the very end of the island, I don't think it was very close to the Winds. I would check with the Winds, or the town's city hall to get more details if you are really worried. We are planning a trip to Ocean Isle the first of May and again in August--can't wait!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Winds

We go to Ocean Isle beach every year as well, and the east end last july looked better. I agree with the last poster, try the OIB.gov they would have the best information.

Actually we are planning on staying on the east end this year as well, but are renting a house. Looked at the winds as well but I think you get a better deal renting a house, esp if you are taking a family. My family(in laws) is coming from Indiana as well and we love that in Ocean Isle it is such a quiet beach. Hope you enjoy yourselves, you will be returning for years to come!

Winston-Salem, NC
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Winds

We just returned form there. While there was some erosion on the eastern end of the Isle, the rest of the beach was beautful.

4. Re: The Winds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach