We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Store in/near Ocean Isle Beach

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Store in/near Ocean Isle Beach

We are headed to Ocean Isle for the first time in mid-August. We usually vacation at OBX, but wanted to try something new.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what grocery stores are on Ocean Isle? Are there major chains (like Kroger or Food Lion) or are there small family owned places?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Archdale, North...
Level Contributor
115 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Store in/near Ocean Isle Beach

There is a Food Lion on Rt. 904 about 3 miles from Ocean Isle headed toward Sunset Beach. There are also several grocery stores in Shallotte about 5-6 miles away (including a Super Wal-Mart).

Enjoy! BTW - I prefer Ocean Isle to OBX (mainly because the ocean water is much warmer and there are many, many more golf courses).

Doug

Norton, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Store in/near Ocean Isle Beach

You are gonna love OIB.....I am from Norton, Ohio and we travel to OIB every August.......85 W first Street!!!

We have about 30 people so we tend to hit the super Walmart in shallotte....There is a grocery store on the isle but it's a little pricey.

Have a great trip......Hope you love this place as much as we do!!!

Nadine

Seneca, SC
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Store in/near Ocean Isle Beach

The Food Lion is great! Last year there was a new Piggly Wiggly, too. Near Calabash is a fairly new Lowes Food Store.

We will be there late August, can't wait. You will love OIB! Be sure and try the local seafood and Calabash--you won't need many groceries!

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Store in/near Ocean Isle Beach

Thanks everyone, for your replies, they were really helpful. Thanks also for the encouragement about OIB, I've gone to OBX since I was in elementary school (and trust me that has been a LONG time ago!), but we've heard that OIB is a good beach for kids (warmer water, gentler surf) so we thought we'd try it out.

Could you tell me about any family friendly restaurants? We have a 5 y.o. and an almost 3 y.o.

TIA,

Jennifer

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Store in/near Ocean Isle Beach

you'll all love ella's 5.75 combo in calabash. rarely have i had such excellently prepared seafood, gone home so full, at such an easy price. plus the hush puppies are great.

6. Re: Grocery Store in/near Ocean Isle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach