We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calabash - Any advice??

Which Ocean Isle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winston-Salem, NC
6 posts
Save Topic
Calabash - Any advice??

Please reply if you know of an excellent place to eat in Calabash, NC.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
90 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Calabash - Any advice??

Ella's!!!! Dockside has gone downhill from its glory days of years past.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Calabash - Any advice??

We just returned about a month ago from OIB. Ate at Dockside this time, and it really wasnt that good. Actually one person in our party didnt even finish his steak-but I figured you dont really go to a seafood place expecting good steak but go figure!!! Ellas would be my choice for seafood. HEard excellent things about Seafood Hut.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Calabash - Any advice??

We always go to Captain John's. If you are facing Capt. Nancies it is on the left. We have eaten at all of the seafood restaurants and we like this one the best.

Thomasville, NC
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Calabash - Any advice??

It seems that my favorite, Ella's, isn't a big secret. I'd add that if you can go during the week rather than on a Friday or Saturday night you'll find a shorter wait and a more pleasant commute from Ocean Isle.

illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Calabash - Any advice??

Just returned from a family reunion of 30 people in OIB &, of course, eating in Calabash. Consesus among us was that Ella's was the best place to eat seafood in Calabash. Their lunchtime seafood special is an especially good deal: total cost about $8 & you get a good amount of seafood for the price. You can avoid the crowds by getting there between 1:30pm & 5:30 pm on M-Th. Also, if you love crab legs, an order at Ella's (about $18) is more than enough for two people to share. I was amazed - one order is at least 1 1/2 to 2 pounds. Another nice place to eat is Roberto's, between Calabash & OIB. It's a little pricey, but all of the food (including the steak & pasta dishes) is very good. My wife & I went there for a nice mini-getaway one evening & thoroughly enjoyed the food & atmosphere.

16. Re: Calabash - Any advice??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach