We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Place At The Beach

ohio
5 posts
Save Topic
A Place At The Beach

We have never vacationed in OI but have family members staying at A Place At the Beach, we are looking for a condo/house close to that but prefer 3 bedrooms at a minimum. Can those familiar w/this area tell me what is nearby (walking distance) Thanks.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Place At The Beach

A place at the beach is on the west end of the island, I think oceanfront. There would be several options for you to choose from-Islander Villas has 4BR I know. There are houses that would have what you want as well such as Island Park or Summer Place. Go to www.oceanislebeach.com and click on rental cottages and you should be able to find what you want. As fas as what is nearby--the beach. Ocean Isle has really nothing other than putt putt, ice cream shop, and a couple of souvenir stores, which is why our family loves it-there is nothing to do but relax and enjoy your vacation. For dinner you can try the Islander, Cinellis, GIggling Mackeral or cook in. Myrtle Beach is about 30-45min away. You will love OIB!

ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A Place At The Beach

Thanks for the reply....I meant what is nearby A Place at the Beach to rent, condo complex, etc....sounds like my kind of place!!!!

greensboro, nc
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Place At The Beach

Hi,

There is no A Place at the Beach on Ocean Isle itself that I'm aware of. They are located at Alantic Beach, NC which is two or more hours north on the NC coast and south of Ocean Isle in the SC North Myrtle Beach area, a 30 to 45 minute drive away. On Ocean Isle in addition to houses for rent there are The Winds Resort Condos, and three or so other smaller inns.

Archdale, North...
Level Contributor
115 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Place At The Beach

There are several rental agencies on OIB such as Cooke, Sloane and Williamson.

A website that has several houses for rent by owners that I have used a few times is:

http://www.oceanislerentals.com/

Good luck and hope you have a great vacation,

Doug

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Place At The Beach

Yeah A place at the beach is the name of a condominium complex on the west end of Ocean Isle. Near these are Ocean Isle Villas, Islander Resort,Windjammer Condos, and Island Park (which consists of houses with I believe a shared community pool). Island park is not Oceanfront, but no more than a 2 or 3 min walk. The first couple of places that I listed are mainly oceanfront or ocean view and have 2or more bedrooms. A place at the beach has multiple units and if you already have family there you may want to check into seeing if there are units open that time as well. What I did to see where they are is went to RH McClure realty and brought up the map of the island that shows you where rentals are.

We really enjoy our stay at OIB, we just got back and are looking forward to our next stay. I hope you enjoy your stay. PLease let me know if I can help you some more!

6. Re: A Place At The Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach