We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bakery? Grocery?

ohio
Level Contributor
325 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Bakery? Grocery?

What is the name of the grocery before heading across to OIB?

Does it have a good in-store bakery? Or is there a bakery in the nearby area? Driving in from Shallotte direction ....

Shallotte River Swamp Park
Game & Entertainment Centres, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Boat Tours
Carolina School of Surf
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Equipment Hire
Silver Coast Winery
Wineries & Vineyards
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,385 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bakery? Grocery?

There's a Food Lion and a Lowe's Foods nearby on 179/904. The Food Lion is a little closer to Sunset. I've been in it several times and it's definitely one of the nicer Food Lions I've shopped in. Can't remember if I've ever been in the Lowe's. The Food Lion has a bakery section and for a grocery store bakery I think it's pretty good.

Google maps shows a bakery, Seaside Bakery, over by the Food Lion. I haven't been there.

If you search on google maps for Ocean Isle, NC over on the left menu it gives a little "search nearby" link and you can put in bakery or grocery there and find all the shops nearby.

Have a great vacation!

ohio
Level Contributor
325 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bakery? Grocery?

Thanks panchopup! Will try to google search the places you mentioned.

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
290 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bakery? Grocery?

Lowes Foods is a great store. It's only a few years old, very big, with a nice bakery too. Its maybe 5 minuites from the the beachfront hotel we stay at.

Ocean Isle Beach...
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bakery? Grocery?

Lowes Foods is great, and agree that the Food Lion at Seaside/Sunset is one of the nicer stores .

If you are in Shallotte (Main Street) , check out the Purple Onion. Breakfast and lunch place - along with a bakery. Bake their own breads and desserts. I'm not a cake person, but bought an Oreo cake ($30) for a family birthday, and we dream about it now. Devils food cake, cream cheese icing, rolled in crushed Oreos, like a whole package of Oreos. It is HUGE. You can order ahead or buy out of the case if they have it. They do have a website.

ohio
Level Contributor
325 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bakery? Grocery?

Thank you for the information about the Purple Onion. It has a great bakery page at their website.

We will be at OIB two weeks from today!

6. Re: Bakery? Grocery?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocean Isle Beach