We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

...the forum seems to lack a bit of activity but nevertheless, I had to post that we're really looking forward to Ocracoke!

This will be our third trip. We think Ocracoke is a special place with terrific unspoiled beaches and a unique personality.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

Am looking forward to our next visit-Memorial Day. Almost went last weekend, weather messed up our plans. :(

We typically make it down 4-5 times a year, we feel so fortunate to live so close. Just no place like it!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

Lynn, we have often talked about how nice it would be to be closer to the coast. You are very lucky! I would love to do some long weekends in Ocracoke.

It is about a 14 hour trip for us and the dogs. We leave the night before arrival and drive all night. I-95 would be unacceptable during the day.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

Yes I agree-95 is one of the worst roads to deal with. I can imagine how much you look forward to your time on the island-enjoy every minute!

NJ
Level Contributor
37 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

Lynne,

We are coming down for a week in August and cannot wait! Hope your trip is great.

NJ
Level Contributor
37 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

Lynne,

We are coming down for a week in August and cannot wait! Hope your trip is great.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

August is a great time to visit-warm water crowds begin to thin a bit. Enjoy!!!

Hackettstown, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

couldn't agre more! This will be our third trip, and there is simply no other place quite like this island. Being lucky enough to find a place in your travels which calls you back again and again, is a gift. My husband said we could go anywhere I wanted to go (as the mother ofan 8 month old baby boy, he better let me do the choosing)... and after very little thought, Ocrakoke was the word on my lips! I am looking forward to a week there in August with our baby boy! We weren't even married the first time we were there (2 World Cups ago!!).

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

We have been bringing our baby boy who will be 18 in August ever since he was 3. He would rather go to Ocracoke than any other place.

We were snorkling on the north shore of Kauai 5 years ago and our son asked "since we came to Hawaii does that mean we are not doing our usual trips to Ocracoke this year?"

It is a special place for family memories!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
266 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

Wow Lynne, I hope you have a great time! I grew up on the northern OBX and we always went to Ocracoke for our little mini "get-away!" I love driving 12 and taking the ferry...I would always take my friends from out-of-town! I have never had a bad experience.. when my kids are a little older and easier to travel with (we live about 5 hours from the coast now and have 3 under 7) we will certainly take them down more! Lucky You!!

alexandria
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking forward to another great time in Ocracoke

I love the southern Outer Banks. It's the least crowded and I swear for some reason it always looks a little more beautiful than the other beaches. Enjoy Ocracoke. I can't wait to come down in July!

Get answers to your questions about Ocracoke