We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time to kill while waiting for ferry?

Richmond, VA
1 post
Save Topic
time to kill while waiting for ferry?

I'm traveling through Ocracoke on Saturday, and will have about an hour to kill in the morning (9-10am), while waiting for the ferry to Cedar Island. Are there any cute places/shops that anyone would recommend, that would also be open that early in the morning?

Also, can anyone here give me a rough ballpark about how long it takes to drive from Hatteras Village to Morehead City? It's hard to estimate the full trip time w/ the ferries and such.

Thanks very much! -mc

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time to kill while waiting for ferry?

There are several with in walking distance, The visitors center is right there and the Ocracoke Museum is too, Not far are several shops across from the Community store,

Be sure to make reservation on the ferry to assure a spot .The trip from Ocracoke is about 2 1/2 hours on the Ferry then I'm guessing 1 hr or more drive to Morehead city.

2. Re: time to kill while waiting for ferry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocracoke
Recent Conversations