We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Island Ferry - grocery store?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cedar Island Ferry - grocery store?

Hello :)

We are THRILLED to be heading to Ocracoke from Raleigh in 2 weeks. This means we will be taking the Cedar Island ferry over. I can't find any information about grocery stores in Cedar Island. I would love to grab groceries before we head over - can anyone tell me if there are any grocery stores there?

Thanks so much

Gretta

North Carolina
Level Contributor
260 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Island Ferry - grocery store?

I'm not sure about that, but you can always drive to the Outer Banks via 64 and then take the ferry from Hatteras Island to Ocracoke instead. You'll find a grocery store like Food Lion before you get to the ferry dock in Hatteras. Might be a quicker trip too. That cedar island ferry ride is LONG compared to the 30 min. ride from Hatteras.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Island Ferry - grocery store?

That PROBABLY would have been smarter. darn. oh well, already booked our Cedar Island ferry tickets online. My son is looking forward to the ferry ride. I guess we can just pack a bunch of coolers of groceries up that morning....

*also just reserved our spot at Zillie's thursday wine tasting - can't wait!

Gretta

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Island Ferry - grocery store?

There are two Grocery store on Ocracoke you should find everything you need there . You will not find much in Ceder Island but might stop on the way down . Not sure what way your coming but I'm guessing Havelock might be a good place

Personally I would have gone on the Swan Quarter ferry I think that might have been closer for you.

Other Option is to go to Hatteras and get grocery's after you get settled in on Ocracoke . too several places there

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cedar Island Ferry - grocery store?

theres nothing but a gas station in cedar island LOL. You;ll be going through morehead city, and near atlantic beach before getting to cedar island, so you can stop there. We drive regularly from raleigh and just take a cooler with drinks and food in it.

5. Re: Cedar Island Ferry - grocery store?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocracoke