We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocracoke First TImer

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Ocracoke First TImer

Taking a day trip next week to Ocracoke. Going to do the night walk but are there any places of interest, stores, restaurants, beaches, nature/historical area that would be fun to see for a family with older children?

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocracoke First TImer

Do your home work on Black Beard the Pirate Ocracoke was his hide out, Take a walk to Springers Point. A great nature walk and where Black Beard would hang out. You will find it at the end of Light House Rd I hope the beaches will be open then they all are owned by NPS and at present closed Visit the Ocracoke Preservation Museum across from the Public docks

Howard Pub is the most popular Restaurant but there are plenty more, I have never had a bad meal at any of them. If you stop in at the Variety store the menus to all the restaurants are posted on the wall as you walk in.

Level Contributor
1,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocracoke First TImer

Avoiding to island free press online site, the parking area at airstrip is before the blocked gate and people have been parking there to walk to beach. Rangers have not been ticketing anyone walking on beach and it sounds like they don't plan to.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocracoke First TImer

A golf cart is a great way to get around; though I'm not sure how big your family is.

4. Re: Ocracoke First TImer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Ocracoke
Recent Conversations