We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailboat cruises in the Outer Banks

altlanta GA
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sailboat cruises in the Outer Banks

I am planning to go to Roanoake, Ocracoke and Kill devil Hills for a vacation and am looking for a place that does sailboat tours. I've seen several places that do sailboat rentals, but are there any that just do day cruises or sunset cruises?

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
598 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailboat cruises in the Outer Banks

Hi t Atlanta! Try The Downeast Rover, in Manteo. Phone number is 1-866-SAIL OBX, or you can contact them via their e-mail address at: captainmark05@yahoo.com.

Their website is:

http://www.downeastrover.com/

Those sunset cruises sound especially nice. Hope this works out for you. Have fun!

MB

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailboat cruises in the Outer Banks

There is two on Ocracoke last year one is a catamaran It puts in next to Jolly Rodgers and the other is behind the Community store, both are in Silver lake,

Raleigh, NC
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sailboat cruises in the Outer Banks

My husband and I are repeat Rover customers, and we sailed on the ship last month. We found out Mark doesn't own the Rover anymore. It's owned by a really nice couple named Kim and Kim Winslow. If you go to the Web site, www.downeastrover.com, they have all the new contact information. The e-mail address is now CaptainKimWinslow@hotmail.com but the phone number is still the same.

We had just as much fun this time around and will certainly sail with them again!

4. Re: Sailboat cruises in the Outer Banks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 07:26
Get answers to your questions about Ocracoke