We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Open: Sanford Quality Inn still has availability!

Which Pinehurst hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottetown...
2 posts
Save Topic
US Open: Sanford Quality Inn still has availability!

Hi guys,

I've recently lucked into a room at the Quality Inn in Sanford NC for the championship weekend of the US Open and just wanted to let others know there's still availability if you're looking for close proximity to Pinehurst. We're traveling to the US Open in June and have been searching everywhere for a hotel as close to Pinehurst as possible. On choicehotels.com (company that owns all the comfort inns, quality inns, etc) you just search Sanford NC with the dates that you'd be attending the US Open and can book online. The rate was $125.99 a night plus tax which is fairly reasonable considering most hotel rooms in the area are going for $200 plus. Hotels.com and booking.com are showing no availability so you have to book directly through choice hotels or call the hotel directly and book. We're not fussy and although the hotel looks dated, for us proximity was what we we're looking for and as long as our room is clean and safe it's fine for us, we'll be at the golf course most of the day anyway!

3 replies to this topic
Virginia
Level Contributor
915 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: US Open: Sanford Quality Inn still has availability!

Congratulations on getting a room there, Sanford is normally just a half-hour drive from Pinehurst. Based on the info I've seen, you'll have a pretty easy time getting to the north lot for parking. The USGA recently published a lot of information for spectators at

usopen.com/en_US/…know_before_you_go.html

including links to a map of the course, and a list of prohibited articles. In particular, be aware that cell phones are not allowed at the course at any time, you'll be required to leave them in your car before you get on the shuttle bus at the free parking lots.

Have a great time while you're there. If you like, feel free to stop by the 6th hole and say hello, I'll be one of the marshalls in the blue and white shirts.

Charlottetown...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: US Open: Sanford Quality Inn still has availability!

Thanks for the information! I was having a bit of trouble figuring out which parking lot would be the closest for us to get too. I've also seen parking passes for purchase for the Race Track and High School lots. Do you know how much closer those would be and if there is a shuttle as well or is it close enough to walk?

Virginia
Level Contributor
915 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: US Open: Sanford Quality Inn still has availability!

I haven't looked at other parking options, as I'll be within walking distance. If you want to post the website of these two lots, I can look at them and let you know. I do know that the high school isn't really walking distance. There are a number of harness tracks in the area, at least one of which is pretty close.

Reply to: US Open: Sanford Quality Inn still has availability!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pinehurst