We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDU to Duke Med Center

edd
Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
RDU to Duke Med Center

Is there public transportation (bus, subway) form RDU to Duke Medical Center or anywhere close to there?

I want to take advantage of a SWA "DING!" special and have to buy by 11PM, but can't get ahold of the friend that would pick me up to see if the flight I want would work for him.

Alternatively, how much is a taxi from RDU to Durham? If a cab is $40, I should just ignore the $50 I'd save with the "DING!" special, and plan for a time I know he could pick me up for free.

Thanks!

P.S. ("DING!" special = $39 each way from Philly)

Mentioned in this post
Durham
Durham
North Carolina
NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
780 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDU to Duke Med Center

This is probably too late to help you, but there is no public transport that I know of. A cab is at least $25.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDU to Duke Med Center

There is bus service. Try the TTA (Triangle Transit Authority) buses, not the Durham city bus. Visit www.gotriangle.org to get all the regional bus routes.

Mentioned in this post
Durham
Durham
North Carolina
edd
Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RDU to Duke Med Center

No, it's not too late. There is another DING! special today and I have until 11PM to buy.

So thank you both for your helpful info.

4. Re: RDU to Duke Med Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 15:20