We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDU to Greensboro

Which Raleigh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nor California
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Topic
RDU to Greensboro

Our flight arrives at 4:25 pm. Need to be in Greensboro by 8 pm . Will there be a lot of rush hour traffic? How long will it take? Any chain hotels between the airport and Greensboro? Thanks

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
464 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDU to Greensboro

You should have no problems. The drive from RDU to Greensboro should take you about 1 to 1.5 hours. The rush hour traffic will be primarily going in the opposite direction from that which you are traveling. There are lots of chain hotels between RDU and Greensboro. Where do you wish to stay?

Nor California
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: RDU to Greensboro

Thanks for the reply. Would like to stay somewhere maybe 30 minutes from RDU. That way we can get the room then go to Greensboro. The next morning our flight leaves at 8:30 am. Will the traffic be bad going to RDU? Thanks again.

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
464 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RDU to Greensboro

30 minutes from RDU would put you in Hillsborough, NC and I cannot recall any chain hotels on I-40 in that area. In that case, I would recommend you staying at their Hampton Inn at I-40/Hwy 54 (Exit 273) in Chapel Hill/Durham which is about 15 minutes from RDU and about an hour from Greensboro.

There will be some light traffic on I-40 going to RDU in the mornings with the most chance of a delay between Exits 276 and 280 (the airport exit is 284).

KTfromNC
Level Contributor
350 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDU to Greensboro

I live in the south of Greensboro and it takes me all of 50 minutes to arrive at the RDU purple lot even during rush hour.

Personally I'd stay at the Holiday Inn Express on the east side of Greensboro if you're looking for something reasonable (with free Wifi too), or maybe the HIE in Mebane, NC which is about 20 minutes from central Greensboro.

Nor California
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: RDU to Greensboro

Thank you both for the information. Was able to get a room in Mebane. Much appreciated.

6. Re: RDU to Greensboro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 21:20